Get A Bright, Healthy Smile With Dental Crowns
A missing tooth can affect your self-esteem, ability to eat, and even your ability to speak. Thankfully, dental crowns, also known as caps, can help you get your smile back.
Welcome To Gateshead Dental
At Gateshead Dental, we have over 30 years of experience working with dental crowns in the Hamilton and Stoney Creek communities. We treat our patients like family and strive to prioritize their comfort and satisfaction above all. Patients can trust us to restore their smiles.
Why Do I Need A Dental Crown?
There are many situations when a dentist might recommend a crown. These include:
- Protecting a weakened tooth that’s at risk of breaking apart. This can be a cracked tooth, a tooth with a large filling, or a tooth that has undergone a root canal treatment.
- Covering a tooth that has already been broken or has a lot of surface wear.
- Keeping a dental bridge in place while holding false teeth (called pontics) in between two crowns at either end of the bridge.
- Covering a dental implant that replaces missing teeth.
- Enhancing the tooth cosmetically.
Did you have an emergency? Call us to book an emergency appointment.
Protect Your Oral Health With A Crown
While dental fillings plug a hole in your tooth, dental crowns are used to completely encase the tooth when it needs reinforcement to withstand biting forces.
Not only can you smile confidently, but you can trust that your teeth are protected against weakness and threats to your oral hygiene like gum disease.
Do you think crowns, bridges, or dental implants may be right for you? Call us today to book an appointment with our dental team.